This class will be doing one of the blocks from the Amy Bradley design Cat's Applique.
We will cover the following in class: - Head N Bond - Steam A Seam - Applique Pressing Sheet - Tracing Tools - Tracing Patterns (reverse image) - Machine stitching only (no turn needle with this class) - Satin Stitch (bring your sewing machine manuals) - Button Hole Stitch - Lite box - Scissors (precision scissors (not your regular piecing scissors), duckbill, curved)
Bring your own fat quarter and a coordinating fat quarter from your stash. Also, bring a fat quarter to use as a background. Also, bring your black quilting thread. Also, bring some scrap fabrics to practice your satin stitching and button whole stitching. ** Please bring your sewing machine manual, and research where you satin stitch settings are.
The pattern for this quilt is not included in the price of the class. However, you will have a block that you can turn into a pillow or bag after you finish this class.
If you have a lite box, please bring that as well.
Heat N Bond, Steam A Seam, Muslin, white fabric for eyes, pink fabric for ears, black fabric for nose
Bring the following:
- Sewing Machine, power cord, foot pedal and a surge protector.
- Black piecing thread
- Regular piecing thread (white or dove grey recommended)
- Seam Ripper
- 3 Fat quarters: one for background, one for the cat body and one of which is a nice accent color
- mid size scrap fabric to practice your satin stitching. Suggest that you keep this scrap with your machine for future reference.
- Marking tools (e.g. pencil, sewline pencil, pen)
- Applique scissors (Tim Holtz small scissors work for precision, duckbill scissors, other curved scissors)