This is the class to sew the August Stars pattern by Jaybird Quilts. The finished size of this quilt for lap is 55x72. This pattern uses either a template in the pattern or the Sidekick Ruler/Super Sidekick ruler.
Kits and pattern are not included in the price for this class.
Kits are available with beautiful batiks at the shop.
If you do not purchase a kit for the class you will need:
- 47 assorted 2 1/2" strips
- 1 7/8 yard background fabric
Minimum of 4 students required for this class.
Please bring the following items:
- Sewing machine
- 1/4" foot for your sewing machine
- Sewing supplies (e.g. thread, needles, scissors)
- Rotary cutter
- Small cutting mat for your work station
- Make sure to include your power supply for your sewing machine
- Recommended to bring a power strip since you are sharing a table with another student
- bring fabric precut in the 2 1/2" strips indicated and background
- If you purchase fabric from the shop, please make sure to shop prior to the class, so that you can cut your 2 1/2 strips" prior to class. Or, buy a jelly roll - as long as you have 47 strips
- Kits available at the shop
- Small iron
- Ironing mat for your table
- Finger protection for ironing (little plastic finger tips available at the shop if you need these)
You will need to purchase:
- August Stars pattern