Learn the unusual and artistic technique of "Stained Glass Quilting" in a one-day workshop with instructor Carol Ann Maurer. You will learn about color, designs and how to transform any stained glass pattern into a fabric work of art.
The following needs to be brought to the class:
- Sewing machine that is capable of a small zigzag stitch (and optional open toe foot), foot for zigzag. Featherweights are a challenge for this technique, therefore, not recommended.
- 1/2 yard or 2 fat quarters for the top quality black quilters cotton fabric.
- Assorted bright cotton fabrics: red, yellow, blue, green, brown for stained glass pieces (can be purchased from the shop) scrap fabric to practice zig zag.
- Small scissors for intricate paper and fabric cutting
- Black machine embroidery or regular high quality thread for top and same for bobbin
- New #11 needle for your machine
- Freezer paper
- Elmer's purple washable glue stick for kids
- masking or painter's tape
- 2 pencils sharpened
- Black magic marker, thick tip to make 1/4 inch lines
- Basic sewing supplies for quilting.
You will need a 16x10 piece of batting, 58" of seam binding and black quilting thread to complete the wall hanging at home.
Bag lunch (or $ to buy lunch near shop), water, etc..