Required for this class:
- Sewing machine (make sure to bring your power cord)
- Sewing supplies (e.g. thread, scissors)
- Parchment paper
- Rotary cutter & rulers
- 90/14 needle and Joen's/Denim 110/18 needle
- Always a good idea to bring a surge protector
- 3 yards of fabric or 40 strips 2 1/2" (jelly roll)
- 1/2 yard for binding
- Interfacing (for making the tubes) use batting or double sided fusible batting OR for a bag that is sturdy in the middle and soft on the sides, use double-sided fusible batting in the center 16 strips.
- Pattern called Anything Goes
- Double sided batting (indicated above) requires 2 1/2 yards. Medium weight cotton batting requires 3 yards.
- Handles leather handles (22" long) or make your own using plastic plumbing tubing (5 feet), and stiff interfacing (2 strips 1 3/4" x 27 1/2)
- Buttons for inside pockets (4 small and 2 medium)
- Closure ( 2 large and 1 magnetic sew in button)